Cosmetic dentists offer various ways to make your smile more beautiful. If your teeth are crooked or chipped, the services of a cosmetic dentist can help you out. What other services cosmetic dentistry can offer you?
- Teeth whitening. If your smile has lost its sparkle, you might want to take advantage of having your teeth whitened by a cosmetic dentist. Your pearly white teeth can fade over time caused by drinking coffee or tea. Cosmetic dentistry can offer a number of ways to solve discolored teeth. Some dentists offer at-home teeth whitening while others provide in-office teeth whitening services.
- Dental bonding. This is a procedure that involves applying a tooth-colored material to your chipped teeth. Essentially, this procedure is useful to fill in gaps between your teeth.
- Fillings. If you need a new filling or replace darker fillings that you already have, you can do so by visiting a reputable cosmetic dentist. He/she can apply fillings that are less noticeable than silver fillings.
- Dental veneers. They are recommended to enhance the overall appearance of your teeth that are broken or discolored. They offer lasting effects compared with dental bonding.
- Dental implants. They are the most popular technique to replace missing teeth. Although they are more expensive than removable dentures, they can last for decades. They are also not prone to damage caused by mishandling of dentures. Plus, they make it easier for you to chew your food. Essentially, your teeth will look natural. They are especially recommended if you have lost your front tooth. With dental implants, you will no longer be afraid to smile. Because they look natural, you do not have to feel self-conscious about them.
When you decide to undergo one of the cosmetic dentistry procedures that can improve your smile, you might want to heed to the following tips below. They can help you avoid bad results.
- Bring photos that will show what you expect from a particular procedure. In this way, cosmetic dentists will have a clue as to what kind of results that you have in mind. They can also advise you whether or not the results that you want are realistic.
- Look at the before and after photos from their previous clients. Cosmetic dentists must be able to show you some projects that they had recently. In this way, you will know whether or not they can offer you significant results.
Cosmetic dentists can improve your smile. However, you need to be realistic when it comes to your expectations.
Photo source: texasdentalspecialists.com