What to eat to keep you healthy? According to experts, there are certain foods that you should be eating but are oftentimes overlooked.
- Turmeric. It is rich in anti-oxidants comparable to that of strawberries, raspberries and cherries. You can add this brightly colored spice to your cup of rice or soup. As for me, I drink it as a tea. It tastes good.
- Prunes. They are high in fiber, potassium, iron, zinc and carotenoid anti-oxidants. They are great with honey and cinnamon in the morning.
- Barley. It is low in GI but rich in soluble fiber, which is good in lowering bad cholesterol levels. You can use it to replace rice or you can mix it with yoghurt or nuts. (I cannot find barley in my favorite supermarket, unfortunately.)
- Pepitas. They are dried pumpkin seeds. They are high in polyunsaturated fats, B vitamins, carotenoid anti-oxidants and fiber. You can add them to your bowl of soup or to your salad.
- Tahini. It is a sesame seed paste that is packed with calcium, zinc, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium.
How to be Healthy: 3 Things You Must not Forget when Making a Healthier Meal
Burn Calories to Help You on How to be Thin: 4 Fun Activities that You Should Try to Burn Calories
How to de Stress: 4 Simple Stress Busters That You can Take Advantage Of
Snack: The Do's and Don'ts of Snacking
How to be Thin: 5 Habits of Naturally Slim Individuals